Today, I’m in Canada! The team I’m working with here is already laughing at my winter ‘gear’ and my pseudo-southern accent. I’m sure I’ll come back saying ‘A-boat’ and will pick up a bit of their charming French-tinged accent. I can already see my husband rolling his eyes. I’ll be sure and share photos soon.
Now that the holidays are over and you’re back in the routine at the office, I’m sure you’ll agree this thought has crossed your mind a few times when presenting a treatment plan… ‘What if this doesn’t work?’
What if the patient follows your recommendation but you don’t see the healing you expected? I dare say that about 80% of the time, we think it’s OUR fault. Maybe I’m not as skilled as I think I am…maybe my instruments weren’t sharp enough…maybe, no matter what I do, this patient will never heal and this inflammation will never resolve. The other 20% of the time it’s THEIR fault. They will never floss like they should…they will never stay on the maintenance schedule.
What if it was NO ONE’S fault? What if there was no blame attached at all and you really looked at the big picture? What if you looked at how you could help your patient address all (or at least most) of what is causing the inflammatory process and gave them tools to help their body respond and heal?
On this month’s Hygiene Profits Mastermind call, we’re addressing this very topic. Our own Kim Miller is speaking on the 4 Pronged Approach. This approach gives you some basic concepts of looking at how your treatment plan must include not only treating disease from the bottom of the pocket up, but also from the top down and from the patients body inside and out.
If you’re not already a member, I encourage you to check us out. The first 2 months are free with no obligation. AND, very soon, this membership will be increasing by 30% and now you can LOCK in the price from 2010 for as long as you’re a member. I hope you’ll join us!
The Four Pronged Approach-
Customized Treatment Planning for Successful Periodontal Therapy
with special guest Kim Miller, RDH, BSDH
As scientific evidence evolves, so must our treatment plans. As we learn more about how periodontal disease activity affects the entire body, it’s important to customize all aspects of care when providing periodontal therapy. During this call, you learn about the Four Pronged Approach, which clearly defines the four critical components of successful perio therapy. Remove one prong, and the treatment is compromised. Join us and learn more about this unique and adaptable approach to treatment planning. On the call Kim will share how the Four Pronged Approach:
- Helps you understand the four fronts from which you must help your patients fight periodontal disease
- Shows that comprehensive perio therapy must include more than scaling & root planing
- Increases case acceptance for adjunctive therapies such as antibiotics, nutritionals and home care products
Date: Thursday, January 17
Time: 1:00pm Eastern
CE credits are provided by Inspired Hygiene.
Inspired Hygiene is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing dental education programs of this program provider are accepted by the AGD for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement.
The current term of approval extends from 6/1/2010 to 5/31/2014.
If you’re not already a member of our Mastermind group, the first 2 months are FREE. Click here to sign up.